Classic Meatball Hoagies with Gravy
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 jar Classic Jersey Italian Gravy
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, to top
- Parsley, to top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large bowl, add all ingredients for the meatballs. Mix with hands until just combined - do not overmix.
- Roll the meat mixture into a dozen large golf ball-sized meatballs and place on the lined baking sheet
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked through.
- Let the meatballs cool slightly, then place in a medium bowl. Toss the meatballs with roughly half a jar (12 oz) of Classic Jersey Italian Gravy.
- Assemble the subs Place 3 meatballs in each hoagie, then top with a couple spoonful's of Classic Jersey Italian Gravy Finish with a good sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Broil on high for 2-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly golden. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy immediately.