Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Shells With Vodka Sauce
- 1, 24 oz jar Jersey Italian Gravy Vodka Sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- ¾ lb jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente (about 25 shells)
- 2 ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and pour about 1 cup of Jersey Italian Gravy Vodka Sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion and saute, stirring often, until mostly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in the spinach and cook for another 2 minutes, until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta shells according to package instructions until just al dente (they will cook a bit more in the oven).
- Add the sauteed spinach and onion to a medium bowl. Add the ricotta, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Stuff each cooked shell with about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture, then place in a single even layer in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce from the jar over the shells. Top with the remaining 1 cup shredded mozzarella and ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbling and the cheese is melted and crisp.