Spicy Mushroom Rigatoni Ragu
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ lb mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, or more or less to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- 1, 24 oz jar Jersey Italian Gravy Arrabbiata Sauce
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- Grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, carrot, and celery. Saute, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for about 10-15 minutes or until tender and the water released has mostly evaporated.
- Stir in the red wine, deglazing, and saute another 2-3 minutes to cook out the alcohol.
- Stir in the Jersey Italian Gravy Arrabbiata Sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the rigatoni pasta according to package directions, then drain.
- Pour the ragu sauce over the cooked pasta and stir well to combine. Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese and parsley if desired!