Spicy Arrabiata Chicken Parmesan
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced horizontally to make 4 filets
- ⅔ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 jar Jersey Italian Gravy Arrabiata
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley, to top
- Red pepper flakes, to top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Set up your dredging station: Use one hand to dip a piece of chicken into the beaten egg, then place the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture. Use your other hand to cover the chicken with breadcrumbs, then lay the dredged chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Spoon desired amount of Jersey Italian Gravy Arrabiata over the cooked chicken, then top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven and broil on high for 3-5 minutes to warm the sauce and melt the cheese.
- Let cool for 3 minutes before serving hot. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese, parsley and red pepper flakes if desired.