Roasted Red Pepper Penne
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1, 24 oz Jersey Italian Gravy Vodka Sauce
- 1 lb penne pasta
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the bell peppers in half and discard the core and membranes. Place the peppers cut side down on the baking sheet. Cut the top of the garlic bulb off and place the bulb on the baking sheet. Drizzle everything with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the peppers and garlic are very tender and browned. Remove and let cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne according to package instructions.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the bulb and into a blender. To the blender, add the peppers and the jar of vodka sauce. Blend until smooth, about 15 seconds. Pour the sauce into a saucepan and heat on the stove over medium heat, until warmed through. Toss the red pepper vodka sauce with the penne and enjoy!