Pepperoni Breakfast Pockets
- 7 eggs
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tsp neutral oil
- ¼ cup chopped salami
- ¼ cup chopped pepperoni
- 2, 9 inch pie crusts (about 14 oz)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Classic Jersey Italian Gravy
- Beat 6 of the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat the remaining egg with a splash of water and set aside to brush over the dough later.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is heated, pour the eggs into the skillet. Add the chopped salami and pepperoni then cook the eggs, pushing around the pan as they get firm, until cooked through and scrambled. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the pie crusts, thinning the dough slightly. Cut into smaller rectangles of dough. Collect the scraps of dough leftover into a ball, then roll out and thin the dough again. Cut into additional rectangles, totaling 10-12 rectangles of dough.
- Place half of the dough pieces on a lined baking sheet. Place a slice of cheese in the center of each rectangle, leaving space at the edges. Top with some of the scrambled egg mixture. Top with another rectangle of dough and press the edges together. Use a fork to further press together and crimp the edges together. Use a basting brush to brush with the egg wash over the top of the pocket. Cut a small slit in the center of each pocket to allow air to escape when baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and the dough is firm and cooked through.
- Heat the Jersey Italian Gravy in the microwave or on the stovetop if desired. Serve the breakfast pockets with the sauce to dip and enjoy!