Penne Alla Vodka with Whipped Ricotta & Basil
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 ½ cup ricotta cheese, plus more to top
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, plus more to top
- 1, 24 oz jar Jersey Italian Gravy Vodka Sauce
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, until just al dente.
- Meanwhile, use a food processor or hand mixer to whip the ricotta and basil until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Heat the vodka sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fold in the ricotta cheese and continue heating until warm.
- Fold in the cooked pasta. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with a couple dollops of ricotta and more fresh basil!