One-Pot Creamy Bolognese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 small carrots, finely diced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1, 24 oz jar Jersey Italian Sunday Dinner Gravy
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 lb rigatoni
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more to top
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the shallot, celery, and carrots. Cook until the vegetables are mostly tender, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the garlic, a pinch of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for another couple minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cook until it's mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in the Jersey gravy, beef broth, and rigatoni.
- Cover and cook the pasta for about 15 minutes, stirring every couple minutes, until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Serve hot with extra parmesan and red pepper flakes if desired.