One-Pot Caper & Olive Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup roughly chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 1 cup Classic Jersey Italian Gravy
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once heated, add the onion. Saute, stirring occasionally, until mostly tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and capers and saute another minute. Stir in the Jersey Italian Gravy and water and bring to a low boil. Add the spaghetti, breaking in half if necessary to fit the noodles in the pot. If needed, add another ½ cup or so of water to cover the spaghetti.
- Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally to ensure the pasta doesn't stick and is submerged in the liquid, until al dente and the liquid has been absorbed and evaporated, about 8-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese on top!