Baked Zucchini Fries with Tomato Basil Gravy
• 2 medium zucchini, washed and trimmed
• ½ cup breadcrumbs
• ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tsp italian seasoning
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 egg
• Jersey Italian Gravy Tomato Basil, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the zucchini in half, then into fry-size pieces
3. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Add the parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix to combine.
4. Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl with a splash of water.
5. Submerge a zucchini piece in the beaten egg and let excess drip off. Place in the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture and use your other hand to coat the zucchini with the breadcrumbs. Place the breaded zucchini piece on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining zucchini pieces
6. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until the zucchini is barely fork tender and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
7. Turn the oven to broil and broil the zucchini on high for 2 minutes to further crisp the breaded zucchini.
8. Let cool slightly before serving with Jersey Italian Gravy Tomato Basil sauce.